Motorola Solutions Warranty Information
What are Essential Services for MOTOTRBO Radios and Systems?
Motorola Solutions announced enhancements to the MOTOTRBO platform with new service packages, including access to software updates, premium software features, and extended hardware repair services. Your business’s security and technology needs are rapidly evolving, and we want to ensure you have a world-class experience every time you use your MOTOTRBO products.
There are three pieces to the Essential Services offer:
- Software Subscription Agreement
The Software Subscription Agreement ensures that you have the latest and greatest feature.
- Premium Software Features Package
The simple Premium Software Features Package includes some of Motorola Solutions’ most powerful and helpful features for both infrastructure and devices. This includes features like Man-Down, Enhanced Noise Cancellation, and Text-to-Speech, which were previously only sold a la carte. Now every MOTOTRBO radio can be immediately customized to the user’s needs with this package.
- Hardware Repair Agreement
The Hardware Repair Agreement extends the standard two-year warranty repair service for another three years, resulting in five years total of hardware repair on both devices and infrastructure.
Buying Motorola Solutions’ Essential Services package is the fastest and easiest way for you to have peace of mind that you are fully covered from a hardware and software perspective and that your software is up-to-date.
Why is MOTOTRBO Software Important?
MOTOTRBO connects people wherever they need instant, clear and reliable communications. It combines the best of two-way radio functionality with the latest digital technology. MOTOTRBO is a computing system that enables instant and clear communication with added intelligence.
As with any computing system, MOTOTRBO is composed of hardware and software. From ultra-light portables to extra-tough mobiles, MOTOTRBO equipment/hardware provide the best of two-way radio functionality with the latest digital technology, but their value over time is static. Three years after purchase, your physical radio is the same radio. Software, on the other hand, keeps adding value over time. With every new software release, you get improved performance, reliability, security and capabilities. Going back to the same example, three years after purchase, because of software updates, your radio is a better radio, which increases the value of your investment with every update.
MOTOTRBO Products Included
Not all MOTOTRBO radios are affected by this new service offering. Below is a list of equipment in the MOTOTRBO portfolio that are included in Essential Services: R7, Ion, SL 7000e Series, XPR 7000e Series, XPR 5000e Series, XPR 3000 Series, XPR 2500 Series, and all current MOTOTRBO repeaters.
These new service packages bring key benefits to your MOTOTRBO platform:
Subscription Pricing Model
You enjoy the benefits of subscription services every day in your business and personal life. So why should your business-critical communications be any different? There are no surprises when it comes to paying for the product, software, or service. No uncertainty around how the cost will fit into your budget. This makes budgeting predictable, and you always know what is included and what to expect.
The Value of Software Updates
MOTOTRBO, like all computing systems, is composed of hardware and software. The value of hardware is significant but static. The value of software, on the other hand, keeps growing over time. Access the latest and greatest features and functionality available with each software release for added capabilities, security, and reliability. This increases the value of your investment with every update.
Access to Premium Software Features
Experience the power of the MOTOTRBO platform and go beyond voice with access to premium software features previously sold a la carte. The features you need to increase productivity aren’t wishful thinking – they’re a smart reality. Enable the right premium software features for the right teams, so they can be safer and more efficient when it matters most.
Complexity Managed Calm Prevails
MOTOTRBO Essential Services provide you with a reliable approach to protect your investment through expanded software capabilities and improved reliability and security. This allows you to lower your total cost of ownership and manage the complexity of your communications operations. Because when complexity is managed, you can focus on what matters most.
Advanced Replacement for Network Hardware Repair is a repair exchange service for Motorola Solutions repeaters & Capacity Max system servers. This add-on service is available for systems so you can stay productive and run an efficient operation.
Accidental Damage offers you full coverage to keep you worry-free. Accidental Damage is an add-on service that provides you with additional coverage for your two-way radios for repair and replacement beyond normal wear and tear.
Network Monitoring is an add-on service for MOTOTRBO systems to help you monitor and update your network to improve responses and the continuity of your Capacity Max system.
We will work closely with you to help you understand the value of this new, exciting program. Please do not hesitate to reach out to contact us with any questions.
Motorola Limited Warranty
MOTOROLA INC. (“MOTOROLA”) warrants its MOTOROLA manufactured Communication Products (“Product”) against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of time from the date of purchase as scheduled below:
- DTR700: Portable 2-year warranty
- BPR40: Portable 1-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- CP185: Portable 2-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- CP200d: Portable 3-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- SL300 Portable: 3-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- EVX-S24 Portable: 3-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- CM200d Mobile: 3-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- CM300d Mobile: 3-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- XPR 3300e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 3500e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- SL 3500e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 7350e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 7380e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 7550e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 7580e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- SL 7550e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- SL 7580e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- SL 7590e Portable: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- APX 1000 Portable: 1-year (Extended Warranty Available)
- SLN 1000 Portable: 3-year Essential Repair
- XPR 2500 Mobile: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 5350e Mobile: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 5380e Mobile: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 5550e Mobile: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
- XPR 5580e Mobile: 5-year Essential Repair and Software Services
MOTOROLA, at its option, will at no charge either repair or replace this Product during the warranty period provided it is returned in accordance with the terms of this warranty to the place of purchase. Repair, at MOTOROLA’s option, may include the replacement of parts or boards with functionally equivalent reconditioned or new parts or boards. Replaced parts or boards are warranted for the balance of the original applicable warranty period. All replaced parts or Product shall become the property of MOTOROLA.
This express limited warranty is extended by MOTOROLA to the original end user purchaser or lessee only and is not assignable or transferable to any other party. This is the complete warranty for Product manufactured by MOTOROLA. MOTOROLA assumes no obligations or liability for additions or modifications to this warranty unless made in writing and signed by an officer of MOTOROLA. Unless made in a separate agreement between MOTOROLA and the original end user purchaser, MOTOROLA does not warrant the installation, maintenance or service of the product.
MOTOROLA cannot be responsible in any way for any ancillary equipment not furnished by MOTOROLA which is attached to or used in connection with Product, or for operation of the Product with any ancillary equipment and all such equipment is expressly excluded from this warranty. Because each system which may use the Product is unique, MOTOROLA disclaims liability for range, coverage or operation of the system as a whole under this warranty.
What this warranty does not cover:
- Defects or damage resulting from use of the Product in other than its normal and customary manner.
- Defects or damage from misuse, abuse, accident, water, or neglect.
- Defects or damage from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, alteration, modification, or adjustment.
- Breakage or damage to antennas unless caused directly by defects in material or workmanship.
- A Product subjected to unauthorized Product modifications, disassembly, or repairs (including, without limitation, the addition to the Product of non‐MOTOROLA supplied equipment) which adversely affect performance of the Product or interfere with MOTOROLA’s normal warranty inspection and testing of the Product to verify any warranty claim.
- Product which has had the serial number removed or made illegible.
- Rechargeable batteries if:
- Any of the seals on the battery enclosure of cells are broken or show
- The damage or defect is caused by charging or using the battery in equipment or service other than the Product for which it is specified.
- Freight costs to the repair depot. Unapproved upgrades or modifications.
- A Product which, due to illegal or unauthorized alteration of the software/firmware in the Product, does not function in accordance with MOTOROLA’s published specifications or the FCC type acceptance labeling in effect for the Product at the time the Product was initially distributed from MOTOROLA.